Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

explorer 96, fuel filter removal
do I need a spical tool to remove filter
7
7

installing serpentine belt
My serpentine belt broke and I am having a hard time putting on a new one. We have had a very rough time with this. I finally succeded in putting it on and now there is a very loud squealing noise. I...
4
4

92 Ford Explorer Temp. Gauge problem
It's just me again me again. Forgot to ask about my temp. gauge. First off it doesn't work and someone pointed out to me that the engine smelled hot. I know it's been getting hot but not to the point...
1
1

Speakers '92 Ford Explorer
Can anyone tell me where and how many speakers are on my Ford Explorer? I know, it's probably a stupid question but I figure, no one can know everything. Right? Also need to find out where the amp (if...
1
1

'93Explorer Sport
I need the electrical schematic to the AM/FM/cassette player
8
8

On the 94 Explorer Idler pully question
Please email or post your message..Prefer email and Subject:Idler Pully... Thanx

'94 Explorer Idler Pulley
I noticed some draging noise and thought the bearing was going out on the alternator but after looking found the front assembly on the idler pulling almost off and it's rubbing the fan 's a spring...

Leaving the world of Explorers behind, perhaps...
In a couple of years I'll finally give up on my '91 Explorer (and its endless litany of problems - see numerous posts in this ng :) and start shopping for a regular cab, regular bed pickup (which will...
1
1

Rear window washer on '96
The rear window washer on my '96 sport doesn't seem to work anymore. I can hear the pump running when I try to use it. There is fluid in the rear reservoir, and I can't see any fluid leaking out...
1
1

Re: Blank Radio Display '99 Explorer - New Power Supply Died
I, too, initially went with the new power supply from Pioneer when my radio display went blank and it lasted all of 5 months. I couldn't get Pioneer to replace it. I've had one from that has lasted...

Radiator fluid leak
Thanks in advance for any help I get on here. On Tuesday I took my car in to get the oil changed and the dealership suggested that I get my coolant flushed because it looked aweful. I said sure,...
6
6

Hood stuck on 94 explorer ltd
Yesterday I was under the hood and then let the hood down unaware that the hood clamps were in the closed position. I have tried with three people to pry it open with our hands and just cannot undo...
1
1

Have a curious little sound from the front suspension...
And no, this is not a troll... My son set this up for me this way, and said that it would protect my identity... I have a 95 Explorer Sport, V-6, 4WD. (Well, only when I turn the little switch on the...
1
1

streering problem only when hot
after getting off the highway,while turning at a normal speed their is like a thumping noise in the front end when making full turns left or right the ball joints were checked im goin crazy if someone...
5
5

1998 auto transmission problem
I have a 1998 Explorer Sport, 2 wheel drive with auto transmission. The problem is a clunking noise that is heard after the trans shifts to second gear. Seems that the transmission shifts smooth into...