1.25 or 1.4 duratec?

hi there, am looking through my fiesta options and trying to figure out why ford would offer 2 engines with similar horsepower: 1.25 16v at 75HP and 1.4 16v at 80HP (link a) .max speed of 1.4 is only 2mph more than 1.25 but mpg for extra urban is 15% worse.

playing with the ford configurator(link b) i see you have to pay 300 stg more to get the 1.4 (fiesta also comes with 1.6 or 2.0litre if you splurge)

does the 1.4 have any subtle advantages over the 1.25? i am mainly interested in fuel economy but i dont want my car to stall when i turn on the a/c

thanks!

a)

b)

fordi2003

Is this like a focus in america? or smaller?

Reply to
Picasso

No its smaller than the Focus (aparently)

We have the Focus in the UK aswell.

Reply to
Vertuas

Smaller.

British Ford offers the Ka (very small), Fiesta (Small car- something vaguely like the Aspire I think), Focus (mid-size, European focus is

1.4 or 1.6 engine mainly) and the Mondeo (big, vaguely like a US Fusion I think).

Just to confuse an international group like this they also offer another small car called 'Fusion' which is based on the Fiesta, nothing like a US fusion

OP, I can't see any obvious advantages in a 1.4 litre, especially if fuel economy is your main concern. Diesel might be worth a look if you really want to save the juice-they do 70 mpg outside town.

Reply to
ryouwho

Shame we don't have more of these smaller cars in canada.

Reply to
Picasso

adn the us

Reply to
Picasso

Indeed. I think it's rather silly the smallest car Ford offer you is currently the 2.0 liter Focus.

I love small Ford cars, I was quite pleased to see hear about a Fiesta launch in the US.

ryouwho