1991 Ford Explorer tinted windows

I bought my Explorer this past weekend and there are kid's stickers stuck to the inside of the windows by the back seats and I was wondering the best way to remove these silly stickers of the tinted windows without damaging the window tint film.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Robert Bodling

Ya gotta love people that control their kids.

Try putting some lighter fluid on a piece of soft terry cloth, then wiping the sticker. You should get enough on it to soak through the label then lift it gently. It will loosen the adhesive on the sticker so that you can lift it off. When it's off, wipe again to remove residual adhesive.

you should try the fluid on an inconspicuous spot first to be certain it will not damage the film or soak in and damage the film's adhesive. I don't know if it will soak through or not but I DO know it removes labels extremely well without harming paint or plastic.

Best of luck to you.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks, I will give that a try as soon as I can find some one with some lighter fluid.

Reply to
Robert Bodling

Other than lighter fluid, what else might do the trick?

Reply to
Robert Bodling