1992 Taurus Wagon Shifting

It shifts hard between 1-2. It tries to shift into 4th but it drops to 2nd and then revs insanely high. when put back into "D" it shifts up to third. Before I rip it apart I heard that the speed sensor can cause this most of the time. Where the heck is it? Is it on the transaxle somewhere? Please help I have had no luck looking for it.

Reply to
Crono

If you have a mechanical speedo, follow the speedometer cable. It will dead head in to the VSS. The VSS is between the motor and the firewall more toward the passenger side. Its under the exhaust manifold. It has a fork type hold down clamp with a

10 MM bolt i believe to hold it down. take the bolt out and the mount fork and it will pull out. There will be an electrical connector on it too. Be careful not to pull the wires on the connector too much. there is also a clip that holds the speedo cable (or stub) on it.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ