1998 Wondstar Front end klunks

My 98 Windstar Klunks extremely badly in the right front end during stop and go, turning, and reversing. I went to the Dealer and they said nothing's wrong. I went to Sears and they said Tie-Rod. I walked away, because the dealer said nothing was wrong. Has this happened to anyone else?

Any suggestions?

Joe

Reply to
cc0198685

Joe,

Have them check the sub frame bushings. They will make a noise under the floorpan, just below your feet.

Also have them check where the radius arm goes into the subframe. Seen lots of problems needing welding in that area of the subframe. Usually the pass side.

John

Reply to
PC PODD

I would also make sure the motor mounts are intact.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

Great! Thanks for your advice.

Joe

Reply to
cc0198685

Reply to
res0ta8b

Reply to
Dave Helland

I had similar trouble and it was a bad control arm bushing about 200.00 repair

Reply to
vince jenkins

I have the same problem and the mechanic tested all the rod ends and they were stiff ie. no movement. You only hear it while driving oven irregular surfaces or moving away from a stop. It was then seen by a former ford mechanic and he said it was the ends of a balance rod which is a vertical rod behind the tire area. The ends need to be replaced. Since I just had all my shocks and struts changed including new tires this will have to wait a little. He also mentioned that it would not affecting any other areas for the time being. ChkMte55

Reply to
Chkm8-55