2000 Contour SE V6



Yup your a dumbass alright. Didn't even bother to read the Amsoil FAQ section of the website.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

That's right I didn't read it.....I don't give a rats ass about what amsoil has to say about its products. But you took it as the gospel truth without any other investigation or proof. I think we all know who the dumbass is. I guess you've never heard the term "due diligence"
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

So you make statements and don't even check the facts first, that says a lot about you. I have done plenty of investigation, in fact I used Mobil 1 for years before switching. Yes we all know your a dumbass. I guess you haven't heard of QED
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

There are no "facts" on amsoils website, only enough bullshit to convince idiots like you that they have the best product on the market.
You claim that independent testing proves that amsoil is better than Mobil 1.... I'd like to see you provide just one independent test that confirms this. Or did all your investigation revolve around amsoils website?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Bullshit
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Andy wrote:

Three ways to go on a wrench; socket, open end, and box end. If you can get an open end wrench in there, a box end should also fit. once the box is fitted to the nut, use the cheater bar of your choice. You say the exhaust is in the way of the drain plug? Are you CERTAIN that you're trying to loosen the oil drain plug and not something else?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

The socket fits on, but the handle doesn't. The wrench did fit, but the sucker is on too tight.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Andy wrote:

Once again, if you can get a box end wrench on there, put a cheater bar (piece of pipe, maybe) on the other end of the wrench, apply force to the cheater, and the nut WILL loosen.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It doesn't so I'm letting the dealer or whoever gets it to do it. Maybe this time they wont overtignten it
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Andy wrote:

Don't count on it, chances are they will keep over-tightening it till its stripped. My experiance has been there is usually some kid off the street changing your oil and pretending to lube your front end. I recently took my car and pick-up to get the oil changed for the first time. (not for the cars, for me not doing it) I will never let anyone change my oil again. Remember: this was the first time on my vehicles. On my pick-up, I had to teach the manager how to lube it- because another guy didn't do it in the first place. I'll bet he doesn't lube ANY car that goes through there. On my car-different shop by the way-they left the oil filter loose and it started leaking. IMO your better off doing it yourself, chances are *you* have more experience than the lube-boob at jiffy. You sure care more. Oh, get the box end wrench on there, (make sure its the right size-fits tight) then take the next size wrench up and use the box on that to "hook" onto the open end on the other for a cheater. Its hard to explain how to hook it on but youll figure it out. As for Aimsoil- the only test results I've ever seen were Amsoil's own test results. IF I were going to use synthetic oil I think I would use something else. If you change your oil every 5k or so your waisting your money on syn if you ask me. How does Aimsoil brainwash so many? It Amazes me.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I suggest you read about it at other places, like www.bobistheoilguy.com Why would you change your oil every 5k??
Amsoil doesn't brainwash people, they just make a much better product. I can't figure out why peeople don't get it. I'm sure if you go to any other oil company website, they make thier oil look the best.
While not Ford based, go to Amsoil and read the motorcycle oil white paper. Indepedent certified test results that have been sworn and attested to.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
An oldie but goodie article about real world oil testing http://www.xs11.com/stories/croil96.htm
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

It went to the dealer, where they had to replace the plug because it was damaged.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.