2001 Marquis jack storage location question

I have the small spare. In my manual it states the jack stores under the carpet (mounts on fender) OR under the spare itself. There are no mounts on the fender. Can anyone tell me how this jack is supposed to fit under the spare (orientation)? It the jack seems to long to hook on there.

Thanks!

Reply to
HB

The proper storage and its location is illustrated in the owners manual and on the spare tire cover.

mike hunt

HB wrote:

Reply to
BrickMason

Mike - I have seen the diagrams, but the jack is too long lengthwise to fit inside the "Doughnut" spare rim...

Any ideas?

Reply to
HB

I have one. If you follow the diagram, it will fit. The jack does not fit in the spare, the spare sits on top, just like the diagram. The jack base? That is used as a big washer to hold everything together, just follow the diagram.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Thanks Thomas. I had tried before, laying the jack sideways under the spare as in the diagram. It was larger than the spare. Maybe I need to give the jack a few "turns" to bring the sides in just a tad, then the tire should sit flush over the jack. Sound correct?

Thanks again..

Reply to
HB

You have the wrong jack.