2008 Escape: Remote UNLOCK double flash

Hi.

My old 2003 ford Escape would flash it's marker lights twice to indicate that the remote key fob had activated the "Unlock". The lights would flash once for "Lock".

The 2008 Escape does nothing for unlock (unless it's dark outside then all lights come on). I would like to activate this feature. Can I?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim in Canada

My 2005 does the "nothing" routine ;-( It never occurred to me that it was optional, or used to be better, like my Honda, coincidentally a 2003 like your Escape.

Reply to
dold

I see most cars turn the headlights on for a short time when you do the un-lock. My 08 fusion and the neighbor's dodge pickup work that way. Fred

Reply to
Fred

As mentioned in my earlier post, the lights do come on when I press the unlock on the fob, but only when it feels it is dark enough outside.

If it is bright and sunny out, I have no confirmation from this vehicle if it unlocked until I am near it.

My 2003 Escape and 2001 Explorer Sport both did the 2 flash (1-un, 2- lock) when pressed, and flashed once (lock) for locked.

Jim

messagenews:sfaXi.174432$1y4.25497@pd7urf2no...

Reply to
warnerjim