Mondeo Will Not Unlock Using Remote

Went out to my Mondeo (R Reg) a few minutes ago and as normmal opertaed the remote but the doors did not unlock ..Tried it a couple of times ..I used the key to unlock the doors but although that worked the car would not start ..The red light on the key fob flashes when the " unlock" or " lock" buttons are pressed ........

I also have another black key without remote buttons and the red key too. Can I try these ...what is the problem likley to be ..I thought of the batteries in the remote key but even so it should still start should it not ??? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Don't know about Mondeos, but, the red key for my Rover carries a warning NOT to use it for starting the car as it is used by the dealer for reprogramming. I understand that you can wipe the security codes.............................

regards,

David

Reply to
David

Since posting I have discovered that the car battery is flat ..I hadn't noticed that the radio wasnt working and the ignition etc warning light was very dim ..I looked at the battery and it was very low in fluid so Ive whipped it off to top up and recharge it so hopefully that will have fixed it .. ..The only thing that had hapened recently( previously all had been well) was that I got caught last night in a horrendous tailback on the M74 in roadworks with lights,wipers,heater radio etc on so maybe that did for it altho' I would have thought that the rest of the journey would have charged the battery enough .. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

You need to go to which tells you how to test the alarm system.

Some Mondeos have infra-red, some radio - again, this will tell you which.

Reply to
TTT