Remote Start - 2007 Ford Escape

Hello, I am searching for a remote start (w/wo keyless entry) for a leased 2007 Ford Escape and am becoming quite frustrated.
First, I don't want any leds or switches drilled through the dashboard
- that knocks out many choices. 2) I don't want to lose the functions I have now using the key fob - like turning the dome light on during unlock or beeping the horn several times if a door is ajar during lock. 3) I also don't want to lose things like the automatic headlights.
I have even downloaded user manuals for several of these remotes. It seems they redirect all electrically driven functions through their box - and then nickel and dime you to regain the function. Panic button? $50 please.
Is it true that I will lose niceties built into the logic of the Escape pod? A post somewhere said I may lose the automatic function of the headlights, true?
Right now I am leaning toward the AutoStart AS-1452v. Any good/bad comments on this?
My initial thought was everything on one fob (remote start, keyless entry). Would it be better to keep my current Escape fob for keyless entry and just find a small one-button fob to do remote start.
Thank you for any suggestions or information.
Barry.

A couple of thoughts.
1. Would an aftermarket remote starter invalidate the warranty or violate one of the terms of your lease. 2. Who pays to fix the car if the car's electronics are zapped during installation. 3. What needs are you meeting with a remote start. If you want a warm and toasty car just have a block heater installed. Running a cold engine at an idle for 20 minutes doesn't seem like a very good idea on a couple of levels.

Hello, you are right. I am starting to agree with you. It's a nifty gadget, but it wastes gas, runs the risk of engine damage, pay all this money just to get back to where you were.
My tushie can use a good freezing now and then. The real use for me is to ease the scrapping of ice off the windows. Having the inside warm can turn a 30 minute job into a 5 minute job.
Thanks for your replay. Barry.

30 minutes to scrape ice from an Escape? You must get inches of the stuff. LOL!
Seriously look into having a seat heater fitted or get one of those units that lays on the seat. A block heater will allow the engine to warm up a lot faster and it will reduce the wear and tear of acold start from 10 degrees. I would stay away from those aftermarket remote starters though. The electronic systems on todays cars are so complex and interrelated that I think you are running a signficant risk of taking some of the features out or damaging something with an aftermarket installation.
if you get a remote start get the directed electronics brand and make dam sure they solder all wiring connections.no issues will come up or cause a trip to the dealer for weird stuff occuring directed electronics are the best for the money all the parts can be hid so there is no damage to the car and in the U.S they cannot deny warranty coverage for having it installed you might need the transponder key bypass module which will add to the cost and it works for the summer time too! there is a version that will start the car every couple hours to keep it warm if needed great for folks in canada
"John S." wrote:

A couple of points.
First off, I wasn't asking about the starter, the original poster was. You responded to the wrong person.
Second, a car manufacturer can very well deny warranty coverage if the installation caused any damage or if any problems in other systems can be even remotely traced to the new equipment. And there's a fair chance that an after-market installation will result in some damage. Either from a poorly designed alarm system or from poor installation procedures.
Third, a block heater is a much more effective and simple tool for keeping a car at a startable temperature.
Finally, you need to practice basic writing skills. Your writing includes runon sentences, no capitalization or punctuation.

most dealer techs can't figure out whats wrondg with a car let alone tell what caused a issue elsewhere