86 ford escort diesel

I have this lifetime warranty on my starter, so last time I swapped it out with the shop in March.

So now the starter won't work, again. I think the solenoid is OK. I hear two clicks one for each solenoid.

I was able to push start it, but I don't think that proves anything.

Looks like I need to bust some knuckles...again.

I thought it was the cold weather that killed the last starter, but this time I happened in the summer.

One other thought, and I have trouble expalining this but it's true. When the starter was working. I had to turn the key all the way to ignition, and then turn the key all the way to the off position, and on the second attempt the starter would go on. So the first attempt would never start the car 98% of the time. I think sometimes I got lucky, and did slowly and it would start on the first try, but it was rare.

Reply to
mike

Why dont you sell that Diesel, I would love to have an escort diesel i've looked all around NE indiana for one

Reply to
zerozero