89 escort turn signals

i have a 89 escort GT and am having some trouble with the turn signals and brights. the utility bar that controls those has broke. it is dangleing and will still lock into place when i turn it to turn on the sigals and will unlock after the turn. but the signals do not come on. and the brights are stuck on i can not get to go back to the reg lights. if some1 can let me know what kinda part i need and how to fix it i would apprecate any help thanks in advance.

Reply to
mooman

Assuming that it's like my 1995 LX:

Sounds like you need a new "Multifunction" switch. Very expensive if you try to buy one new. Real cheap from u-pull-it junkyard or off eBay.

Reply to
scott_z500

New the switch is about $175.00 without cruise control and $200.00 with cruise control. "Experienced" switches are $35.00, we don't test them but will exchange it if it doesn't work.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill