91 Escort Automatic

Looking at an Escort and the transmission does not shift out of 1st and reverse works. Car is in great condition other than the transmission problem & the engine runs good. Any thoughts on a possible repair or will I have to replace or rebuild it.

Reply to
Steve

I think you should assume that you will be replacing or rebuild the transimmion.

Also, consider that the car might have been running at relatively high engine speeds, because the car would only go in first gear. I wouldn't discount the possibility that there is some engine damage ready to crop up.

Jeff - the devil's advocate

Reply to
Jeff