91 Taurus, shift out of park, engine dies.

Trying to help out an older disabled man and these are the symptoms he's given me. Has anyone expereinced this or could point me in the right direction?

TIA!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Richards

Thats not much to go on, Steve.... How does it run in park? CEL on? Codes? Recent tune up? Fuel filter? Properly maintained? Trans fluid? If you aren't familiar with auto repair, be honest with the old guy. Anything else will get you into hot water no matter how honorable your intentions may be.

A guy phones his doctor... "My dick hurts" sez he... What can the doctor say?

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks Jim. It's actually a blown head gasket amongst other things. I suggested that he look into a different vehicle through Freecycle... Steve

Reply to
Steve Richards