93 Aerostart slipping out of gear

I have a 93 Aerostar xlt with the 4.0 v6 and auto trans that when put into gear has to be revved for it to get in gear and the it slips in and out sometimes while driving it's not a low fluid issue was the first thing I checked also the SRS light is blinking not sure if that a trouble code or if it has a check engine light somewhere sometimes it stays in gear once it warms up and you're on the highway not using much brake but stop an go traffic and city driving is touchy lol and ideas?

Pace

Reply to
paceneedshp

"paceneedshp" wrote: > I have a 93 Aerostar xlt with the 4.0 v6 and auto trans that > when put > into gear has to be revved for it to get in gear and the it > slips in > and out sometimes while driving it's not a low fluid issue was > the > first thing I checked also the SRS light is blinking not sure > if that > a trouble code or if it has a check engine light somewhere > sometimes > it stays in gear once it warms up and you're on the highway > not using > much brake but stop an go traffic and city driving is touchy > lol and > ideas? > > > Pace

how many miles on vehicle, when was the transmission last serviced? usually that is typical of hardended seals in the trans, weak pump or plugged trans filter. there were a few differerent transmissions available for the year you stated. is it an e40d (electronic) etc. more info truly needed. if you look at the list of mid 94 trans technical service bulletins it may be of some help with your concern. available at

hothead

Does it also rev out or "late shift" going into second? I had a similar problem on my Explorer that was the intermediate servo piston that only cost $22 and is fairly easy to replace with the trans in the car. Its near the cat so the seal gets hard from the heat. The pan will need to be cleaned and the filter changed also. Also Rangers with the A4LD transmission.

-jk

Reply to
jk

filter was plugged from what or how not sure but dropped the pan replaced the filter and added a few quarts and running like a champ now thanks guys.

Pace

Reply to
paceneedshp