93 ford Taurus no start??

Hi all, I have a 93 ford Taurus 3.0 having probs getting started to run?

I have done new plugs and checked the wires and new cap and rotor button. What is happening is it will start then immediatly stop? When I step down on the excelerator it will start and stop again? I have spark and seems to be getting gas. It also seems like when you let go of the key or gas peddle it stalls back out??

Any hjelp would be appreciated.

Thnaks Shawn

Reply to
Shawn Smith

I had the same problem, it was the TPS (throttle positioning sensor)

Shawn Smith wrote:

Reply to
Kevin Torkelson

Soleniod?

Reply to
Charles B. Summers

Shawn Smith opined in news:c7672$412b5071$453191ab$ snipped-for-privacy@psouth.allthenewsgroups.com:

this is confusing... please describe step by step..

are you are saying when you let the key out of the start to the run position, it stalls?

When you first try it, does it start without touching the pedal?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic