change belt on 1989 F150

Can anyone tell me the correct way to replace the serpentine belt on my

1989 F150 extended cab truck. It has a V8 5.0 engine. I tried to relieve the tension to take the belt off but it did not work.
Reply to
johnmbennett

What method did you use to relieve the tension? It ain't rocket science... I mean even a mechanic can do it.....

Reply to
Jim Warman

dont worry about the town IDIOT warman simply use a serp belt tool hope this helps h u r c

Reply to
simpson4532

Did you loosen the tensioner lock bolt (same as pivot bolt)?

Else go to Autozone.com and look at repair info

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic