Clunking brakes

Hi All

After braking to a standstill, my brakes seem to make a 'clink' noise after I accelerate off. I have no problem braking and have taken the car to the garage twice, but no-one can even think what the problem could be. It doesn't happen all the time (seems to happen after I've been driving a while and not straight away). It doesn't happen when the handbrake is on and I depress the brake pedal, just after accelerating from somewhere.

The garage checked the brakes themselves and said everything is okay and that there's enough left on the pads and not to worry about that, but I'm confused as to what it could be as well as slightly concerned as no-one wants their brakes failing anytime, do they?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Sweryt

It would be helpful if you informed the group of the vehicle you are talking about.

Since the brake system was checked and pronounced ok, I'd suspect a drivetrain fault. U-joints, axles, etc. Checked the lube-oil in the differential case lately?

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt