Distributor in a 390...?

Is this a Duraspark II?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Not enough information to tell. The cap and wires are Duraspark, but that is a common modification to points type dizzys. I do not see a Duraspark box mounted to the wheelwell.

I believe Durasparks came about in 1972 or 1973, for sure on the 74 models. Think the 390 was gone by then.

Frank from Deeeetroit

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit

I was wondering about the mod. What is the advantage - tower spacing?

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

No real advantage, some think it looks cool. The EI plug wires will probably last longer with the point type ignition system. Its possible that someone installed a Duraspark ignition from a 74ish pickup truck with a 360.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Cap, wires, probably rotor also are 1977+.

Yeah, I don't either. Odd vehicle. Radiator looks like a 360, not 390. (we can't go by the air cleaner sticker)

Late 1974 and all 1975 used the '75 module with the old cap/rotor/wires.

1976 used the '76+ module with the old cap/rotor/wires. 1975 and 1976 used a blue cap instead of black. Yeah, rotor also blue instead of black. 1977+ used the new cap/rotor/wires.

I know the last year for the 360 was 1976.

Reply to
clemslay