Mazda 323 parts

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction...

We need a replacement motorized aerial for a 1997 mazda 323 (grey import from japan but I assume that'll not have any bearing).

The mechanic who looks after our cars said he could get one through mazda but this would likely cost a fortune.

I'm going to call round local breakers yards during the week. Any suggestions as to what I can do beyond that? I have done a bit of searching on goolge & have come across numerous parts search engines - are these worth using & will I need to be able to provide a part number etc.

thanks

Reply to
dave cunningham

Unless there's something special / strange about the aerial Mazda use, then you should be able to replace it with an off the shelf part from Halfords.

Reply to
SteveH

In message , SteveH wrote

There is - it's an odd fitting apparently, due to being mounted at an angle...

Reply to
dave cunningham

Have you tried Mazda? The mast only (assuming the motor is still OK) for an MX-6 costs around £30 inc. VAT.

Reply to
MD

In message , MD wrote

Unfortunately the gearing in the motor is shot, so we need the whole lot.

Reply to
dave cunningham