Ford AOD Mustang to T-bird

My AOD tranny in my 91 T-bird LX (5.0 H.O.) needs to be replaced. I saw a local ad for an AOD out of an 89 Mustang LX 5.0 for short money and I'm just wondering if the swap will be possible or if I'll run into any trouble. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Anthony

Reply to
AnthSF

It should work with no problem. The only "different" AOD was the one used in Lincolns. They were about 1" longer. Be sure to replace the Throttle Valve Cable bushing at the throttle body. That's likely what caused your trans to fail. An updated brass bushing kit is available from Ford for about $4.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

That's exactly what caused the tranny to fail. I'll be swapping it out this week and without question throwing in the brass bushing. Thanks for your help Tom.

Reply to
AnthSF