Ford Escape 2005 factory CD Changer: I'm stumped!

We just bought a 2005 Ford Escape with a factory-installed 6-CD Changer. After reading the manual, I cannot figure out how to insert multiple CDs into the changer and then select the one I want to listen to. My teenage son can't figure it out and neither can his 10-year old brother; they can usually work these gadgets with their eyes closed, so I know it's not me being dense :-)

Could someone please point me to a website that shows how to work it or possibly explain it step by step? I looked on the Ford website but couldn't find a link to get an answer to this sort of question. The one I did find directed me to the user's manual.

Thanks! Timo P.S. It's a really nice little SUV: handles well; the ride is fairly quiet and smooth, and with the 4cyl engine we're averaging 25mpg on open-road driving, which is not great but acceptable. It also has a nice array of safety features, including front-and-rear airbag "safety canopy".

Reply to
timo

Press the 'load' button, select a slot from one to six. The slot will open, then install the disc. To remove, press the eject button etc. You find those instruction your owner manual as well.

mike hunt

Imo wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

Did you read your Owner's Guide? The Guide is available on-line at

To load a CD, just push the "load" button and then the slot number (use the preset buttons 1 - 6). If you want to load CDs into all the empty slots, just press and hold the load button until you see "IN" on the display. When you see "IN" just stick a CD into the slot. Repeat until you ahve loaded all the CDs (are as many as you want, it will time out if you don't have CDs for all the slots). Use the eject button to eject CDs (press eject and a slot number to eject a particualr CD, or just press and hold the eeject button until ejection starts to eject all the CDs). To pick a particaulr CD already in the change, just press the CD button followed by the slot number (again using the preset buttons 1 - 6).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White