Ford Escape Lift Gate Gasket

I have a 2005 Ford Escape. I hae had the vehicle for 3 years. I just noticed yeterday that the liftgate gasket is seperated at one locaton on the bottom of the liftgate. Is this actually broken or is it a normal seam in the gasket.

Reply to
mstrspy

If it is supposed to be separated, I would expect that it looks like it was cut (as opposed to have torn) and that it is in the center (from right to left).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Yes, propely installed the ends of the weatherstrip meet at the bottom centre...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I have an '02 Escape and the weather-stripping is separated about 3/8" at the bottom also. When I inquired about it at the service department, I was told it was that way on purpose to help draw moisture out while driving.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

I have an '02 Escape and the weather-stripping is separated about 3/8" at the bottom also. When I inquired about it at the service department, I was told it was that way on purpose to help draw moisture out while driving.

SC Tom

Reply to
newman