Ford Expedition Navigation Radio

Hi, I recently purchased a used 2003 Ford Expedition EB. It has the navigation radio in it which as far as I know is the same one they put in the 2004's. There is a button on the radio with a picture of a phone on it. When I look in the owners manual, which I don't have in front of me at this moment, all it says about the button is something like if this option is not installed then it will say this option is not installed when you push it. What I would like to find out is if anyone has this option installed and if so how much was it to have added?

Before I made my purchase I decided that I was going to buy used and that I wanted the navigation radio. Since I was having a hard time finding one that had it installed I decided I would check with my local dealer about having one installed if I bought one with out already in it. When I called the service and parts department didn't seem to know much about it and really wasn't very helpful. When I call to find out about the phone option I'd like to have some information about it already so I can help them know what they are looking for.

Also I friend of mine drives an ML 500 that has a very similar navigation radio in it that also has the integrated phone. In his car his phone plugs into a mount located in the center console and then he can use the navigation radio to take and make hands free calls and access the phone book located in the phone itself. One catch was that he had to purchase the phone from Mercedes when he had the system installed. Can anyone tell me if the ford works in the same way?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Cook

That Expedition must have been belonged to somebody that owned a boat, so he could communicate ship to shore. ;)

mike hunt

Rob Cook wrote:

Reply to
MajorDomo