FS 1968 T-bird 429 Suicide

Nice old Suicide door 'Bird. 429 Thunderjet, everything works, drives fine. On e-bay motors-

Reserve WELL under book.

Thanks CCC

Reply to
<cccentral

wrote in news:Kynud.38806$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

wowza....... I didnt know there wasa TBird that looked like that. I just found my new favorite...

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

It's a funky cool design. $3500.00 cash can drive it home.

CCC

Reply to
<cccentral

I had a 1967 version like this with a 390. This was one of Lee Iaccoa's brain childs. The general public did not like it at the time.

I can tell you from my personal experieance with this style t-bird that they are sweet when they run right but are very complicated.

Full dual exhaust system, sequential turn signals, lots and lots of vaccuum controlled goodies (including those headlight doors) and electronics, On mine the steering wheel tilted away from you when you opend the door, dual piston front disk brakes, c6 automatic, double cardon u joints, the window motors tore up gear sets like crazy, there seems to be alot of chrome missing from under the dash on this one. On my 67 which had front buckets and a center console everything under the dash was sealed with what looked like brushed stainless steel panels.

The parking brake auto released when you put it in drive (another vaccuum powered thing). Had neat idiot lights up in the headliner above the mirror.

Cool car but be prepared.

At least in 68 they went to electric wiper motor. in 67 they used the power steering pump to run the wipers with six selectable speeds.

Reply to
Steven Fleckenstein