Just got a company truck to play with. What is there to know about '99 Ranger 4x4's???

The well used 1999 model has 85,500 miles and counting. Short cab, 3.0 v6 FFV, auto,4x4. The office says it just came from the shop (what ever that means?). We are a construction engineering firm so most of our vehicles cary light and commute alot. Alot for me right now is a comute from Philadelphia to Perth Amboy, NJ ( 80miles one way). While the truck means I can park my verry overworked Taurus wagon (145k+ mile 1996 GL,

3.0 and state inspection way past due), I don't know what Gremlins to look for on Rangers??? The check engine light & strap holding the tail gate seem to be my first Gremlin clues. The base options and non car handling are bearable. What else should I know about this "gift?"
Reply to
Tiger