Re: 2100 differences

Peter Gennuso opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2173.public.lawson.webtv.net:

I recently bought a rebuilt 2100 through the mail which works ok but has > a slight difference from my original...it has a diaphram on the top but > my original didnt...now I have an extra vacuum line in the back of the > carb which I left capped...should I improvise a vacuum line to the back > of the carb or doesnt this make much difference? ...on the rebuilt I > have to pump the gas when engine is cold in order to close the flap...is > this normal operation? its on a 69 ltd 351w...thanks for any advise. >   > >

Since you asked for ANY advice, I'll play.

As I recall, all carb vacuum ports are source, not destination, ie, they control, arent controlled. So any extra ports should just be capped.

As to the choke plate, it's normal to have to TRIP the stepped cam so the choke will close. The little extra shot of gas doesnt hurt.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

You have a universal fit rebuilt. The diapragm on the top is a newer style of bowl vent if I recall correctly. Just plug any vacuum openings you don't need and you'll be fine. As for setting the choke (by depressing the gas pedal) one time should do it, but you have to press the pedal all the way to the floor to engage or set the choke. If it doesn't engage with one pump of the gas pedal, something is binding or a spring is weak or incorrectly installed.

Reply to
max-income

thanks for all the answers....I guess I was mostly concerned about the extra vacuum port, but all have said just plug it, and the choke does engage with about half pedal when cold....thanks again

Reply to
Peter Gennuso