Re: Off Topic! But a MUST READ

> > >Long Read - but please take the time. thanks RG > >

To bad it's mostly bullshit. Here's just one easy knockdown...

snip

> Only two recent American Presidents had the courage needed for > anti-appeasement: Reagan and Bush. His American critics may quibble over > the details, but we Europeans know the truth. We saw it first hand: Ronald > Reagan ended the Cold War, freeing half of the German people from nearly 50 > years of terror and virtual slavery.

How nice that you can give only your favorite actor credit for things done by many. But just to focus on the issue of "appeasement" and how it applies to Reagan......

When the US barracks in Beirut were blown up by terrorists killing hundreds of American troops Reagan didn't go in and blow up half the country. Instead he pulled the US out of the area, what this idiot author would call appeasement. This author, and you, seem to have this huge blind spot where you can't see American aggression and taunts, you can only see the reaction to it.

There are few things that are simple and clear cut, the "Muslim" issue is one of them. But anyone who buys into the lie that they "hate our freedom" is a fool. They don't give a rat's ass about our freedom, they just want US to give them the same courtesy we demand, which is to stay our of THEIR(our) internal affairs.

One other thing I suspect you have bought, hook line and sinker, is the LIE that IRAQ attacked the US on 9/11. They did not. Saudi Arabia, our alleged friend, did... not directly, but the Saudis allowed these kinds of radicals to live and operate for years with their tacit approval.

Another lie you most likely believe, is that we needed the Patriot Act to respond. Since investigations since 9/11 have shown that we KNEW EVERYTHING we needed to stop the attack, it is clear that the ONLY thing we needed was to have some FOCUS on these kinds of terrorists, we didn't need any new laws, just competent people using the then existing laws. You can blame Bush for his decision to ignore the warnings given by the outgoing Clinton Administration people till after it was too late.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

How can YOU give only the Clintons and Gores credit for what went before they ever arrived on the scene? You have bought into the propaganda of the opposition, yet condemn it in anyone who holds an opposite view.

Without solid proof, you have accepted what the supporters of the Clinton Administration would have the public believe. The same administration which took us into Bosnia and yet condemned Bush for going into Iraq.

I suspect you were not personally a witness to anything which transpired in the seats of power during the decision making of either party, but have accepted second or third hand what has been said. You have likely accepted anything printed or aired which supports the Clintonite position, even while rejecting anything which would support or favor Bush. You condemn the same thing in others that you do.

Reagan may not be all that his image would suggest. However, it is a fact that the world in general held a higher level of respect for the US during his administration than for some time before or since. Not because he was a great politician, but because he was decisive, and when he made a decision, he followed through with it to whatever extent he could while upholding the very ideals which made this a great nation for generations.

He exemplified those attributes for which this country was respected for generations; until the post WWII period, and from that time it has steadily, and with increasing speed, declined in the eyes of the world. Those attributes which have seriously faded in the eyes of the world. Among those, the idea of believing in something and sticking to it. He presented an image of strength of conviction for the entire country on the world stage... something we have lacked.

The world has set back and watched the erosion of that which made this nation great. Watched as what was once a rule by the majority, become one where those same ideals established by the Founding Fathers became illegal over the objections of the majority. Watched as the "great melting pot" of the "great experiment" began to fail. Where once people came here to become assimilated as Americans, they now arrive and remain what they were, only in a new place, and the majority are expected, even mandated to accept this change. Where once we were diverse coming together, we are now factions fighting each other.

And it's BOTH Democrats and Republicans who are responsible equally.

One thing everyone, including you, must admit about Reagan. While all politicians are essentially actors.... Reagan was the only professional actor, good or bad, in the presidency. The rest are amateurs. : )

As for the Muslims; they do have a goal of the world being 100% devoted to Islam. That is fact. The difference is in the means of achievement. The majority of Muslims abhor the terrorist's means.

World domination by religion goes far back in history. Consider the intent and impact of the Catholic Church upon the civilizations of the New World. Convert or die... or in many cases, convert AND die. It has more to do with power than belief. This does NOT mean all Catholics wanted to kill non-Catholics. The extremist view exists everywhere; in religion, in politics, etc. Meanwhile, the masses, who believe in their way as the only way, are more concerned with their own survival; of the crops not failing and their family starving. So it has always been.

So, how nice that you can only give credit to the Clintons, et al, for things that were actually done by many, and condemn another who happens to hold the opposite viewpoint. There is the American way in action.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

I didn't give Clinton credit for ANYTHING except that his administration, as they left, told the incoming bush administration that they should focus immediately on the issue of Islamic terrorism.

I would also note that the US has been held in generally high esteem under EVERY president in modern times except for one, and that one is the current president, who has turned the US into the land of hypocrites and liars who are scorned and laughed at by the rest of the world.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher