Hubcaps still keep falling off 03 van

I'll be going to the dealer today to have hubcap number #4 installed in my

03 Econoline 150 van. A brand new van with less then 1500 miles, I've lost 3 hubcaps all on the same right front wheel. Even the wheel was replaced by the dealer thinking it was the problem only to lose a hubcap on it too. The caps all fall off at under 45mph on normal roads. They just " fall off ", all other caps remain tight and secured to the wheels.

The local Ford dealer has no answer as to why this is happening but apparently will continue to supply me with hubcaps everytime one falls off. At a rate of one a week with 30 months of factory warranty left, somebody at Ford has got to take notice.

I emailed a message to Ford Customer Service stating the problem. I suspect they will refer me to my local dealer as they always seem to do. last time I emailed a technical question to them they stated it was too technical in nature and referred me to the local Ford dealer for the answer.

The question that I had asked them was where the oil filter on my V6 engine was located. Too technical...hmmm....

I have the actual response email from Ford on file if anybody's interested.

Reply to
Jim Whif

Please post it. I'm interested

John

interested.

Reply to
PC PODD

Thank you for your message of 08/08/03 regarding your 2003 Ford Econoline. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us concerning the location of the oil filter on your vehicle.

We apologize for the delay in our response to you. Our goal is to respond to our customers within three business days; however, due to recent high volumes of e-mail we were unable to fulfill that objective. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

As the Customer Relationship Center (CRC) is not a technical facility, inquiries of a technical nature are generally referred to our dealerships. Our dealerships' staff are highly trained experts with a focus on Ford and Lincoln-Mercury products. In the rare case where a staff member of any dealership is unable to answer a technical question regarding one of our products, there are resources available exclusively to them from Ford Motor Company where answers may be obtained.

We regret that we are unable to provide the information that you are seeking, but the safety and continued proper operation of your vehicle are of the utmost importance to us. Therefore, we do not wish to speculate in technical areas.

Our goal is to provide first-rate customer solutions to valued customers such as yourself. Your loyalty is valued and appreciated. We would like you to continue to enjoy the many Ford products and services which we have to offer.

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely, Gaurav Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center

To: snipped-for-privacy@customersupportctr.com Date: 8/08/2003 11:36:32 AM Subject: Re: Ford Motor Company Acknowledgement Categories: Provided Concern Resolution Over Phone, Keep case Ownership, No Answer/Inactivate Message

--------

I am still waiting for an answer to my question that I submitted on August 1. The question was where the oil filter is located on my

2003 E150 van with the V6 engine. I'm about ready to give up and take it

to a shop to find it for me if I don't hear from you.

thank you,

Reply to
Jim Whif

Gaurav ?????? It looks to me that Ford has outsourced the customer service e-mail line to a foreign country. That's why they don't know where your oil filter is.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry P

Be sure to keep *detailed* records of what's said on every trip to the dealer, and be *sure* to get a receipt every time. If it turns out to be some sort of wierd suspension problem, it could take a long time for somebody to figure it out. Watch the tires carefully too, and don't be in any hurry to rotate them. Sometimes, it takes 10k miles or more to spot the uneven tire wear and nail down the real problem.

FWIW... Randy

interested.

Reply to
Randy

That's the current plan, keep an eye on the tire for uneven wear. In the meantime, I picked up hubcap #4 from the dealer and tossed it inside the van. The suspect wheel will remain capless for the time being. I can't see putting the cap on the wheel and losing another one.I'll just wait for the offical response from Ford (chuckle) and monitor for tire wear a little closer then normal.

Reply to
Jim Whif

I think you are better off to keep putting them on and losing them. Your dealer and Ford will quickly forget your problem if it isn't constantly being brought to there attention.

Matt

99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
Reply to
Matt Mead

Yes, after I posted my reply I re-thought my decision about keeping the wheel capless and decided to install it on the wheel. Maybe after 20 or

30 missing caps somebody in ford management might take a closer look.
Reply to
Jim Whif

Or cut their losses and give you a set of alloy wheels...

David Jones djonesLSidaho.com

Reply to
IdaSpode