Whats the Cost of '05 Saleen S281SC fully Loaded?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ '03 FLHRCI USSF SINCE '92 "DE OPPRESSO LIBRE" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
noirluispher

If you have to ask, chances are, you can't afford it.

Why don't you ask THEM!!!???

Reply to
SVTKate

Sheesh Kate, kind of harsh?

I did ask the local dealer, but the salesman just took my information and said that the owner will call me. That was 3 days ago. When I do make up main to get one, I won't buy from him.

BTW, In my line of work (US Army) they are giving us a rather large stipend, to prevent us from retiring and going to IRAQ to make upwards of $200K a year as a contractor.

Thanks for you fast response. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ '03 FLHRCI USSF SINCE '92 "DE OPPRESSO LIBRE" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
noirluispher

Sheesh Kate, kind of harsh?

I did ask the local dealer, but the salesman just took my information and said that the owner will call me. That was 3 days ago. When I do make up my mind to get one, I won't buy from him.

[...]

noirluispher opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But WAIT a minute... that isnt harsh. It's the truth.

Perhaps you should contact Saleen before you're too harsh on the dealer.

Since the model is new, there's a good chance the final figures havent yet been set.

Thank you for serving our country, BTW!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Good advice, I will do that now. And then post what they tell me. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ '03 FLHRCI USSF SINCE '92 "DE OPPRESSO LIBRE" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
noirluispher

That didn't work out so well. Saleens' website sends the email to a dealer within my state., But I sent it to one different then who I spoke on the phone with.

No problem, I have been doing it for 18 years and it is always refreshing to be appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ '03 FLHRCI USSF SINCE '92 "DE OPPRESSO LIBRE" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
noirluispher

All the money in the world isn't worth going over there.

I mean, ask the Saleen folks. Yup, kind of harsh, but geeze, if you know me from the group, you'll see that I am a tell it like I see it (even if it's wrong sometimes) kind of person. How else would you find something like this out and know that you had a reliable source? The dealer is going to rake you over the coals on markup so why not go straight to the horses mouth?

Ok ok.. sorry if I sounded mean. Anyway... retire and/or get out. Keep yourself in one piece and forget the damn car.

Kate

| >Why don't you ask THEM!!!??? | | Sheesh Kate, kind of harsh? | | I did ask the local dealer, but the salesman just took my information | and said that the owner will call me. That was 3 days ago. When I do | make up main to get one, I won't buy from him. | | BTW, In my line of work (US Army) they are giving us a rather large | stipend, to prevent us from retiring and going to IRAQ to make upwards | of $200K a year as a contractor. | | Thanks for you fast response. | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | '03 FLHRCI | USSF SINCE '92 | "DE OPPRESSO LIBRE" | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
SVTKate

Great, Iraqi's are out of work and desperate, so Bush is using our tax dollars to pay foreigners obscene amounts of money to do what Iraqis would love to do for a tiny fraction of the price. No wonder so many Iraqis are joining the resistance and no wonder Bush has broken his daddy's record for deficit spending.

Hank

Not to change the subject, but what kind of advice is retire or get out? Here we have a person defending our way of life wether he agrees with the policies or not he stands tall on the front line so you sleep well at night! We pay Americans well to do those jobs because the Iraqi's currently do not have the skills required to perform the task. I read an article today out of some car mag at the barber shop, very vague and no pricing ideas... I suspect no one except the biggest dealers are even thinking about prices on the saleens. I did see a saleen super charger add though..

Sean I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.. USAF

rec.bicycles.marketplace

Reply to
IamGoode

I'm a mom. I think like a mom.

My first thought was that he has already served and survived and that no amount of money would be worth pushing his luck too far.

Both my father and step father served in the military, as did my grandfather. I have two older brothers that served in Viet Nam and miraculously returned home. I have two boys that are like sons to me (Kristen's step brothers) one serving in the Navy and the other in USMC right now. Their dad, my ex husband, was a Marine.

Why did I say get out...??? Because I thought of the people close to me that I worried about while they served. I worry about the people in our military that are serving right now in this stupid war. A war that I think we have no business in. A war that makes soldiers punishable for killing an enemy because the enemy was wounded. A war that makes it punishable to humiliate an enemy soldier. It's a bullshit war. You cannot be politically correct and be at war. Our military personnel are being lost, over and over and I still have trouble understanding why we are still over there.

I believe that serving this country is one of the most honorable things a person can do but the mom in me says once you've done your hitch, get the hell out so you can rejoin your family.

Sorry if I offended, and I most certainly did not mean any disrespect to the gentleman that posted the original message nor to anyone else.

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
James

The cheaper method would be to stop using contractors. Of course then the powers that be wouldn't get the money....

Reply to
Brent P

Thanks for your honesty, my little brother is there now, I've been twice... I went within 10 months of joining the AF... That was about 15 years ago now and I'm still in.

Sean

rec.bicycles.marketplace

Reply to
IamGoode

Thanks for the link. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ '03 FLHRCI USSF SINCE '92 "DE OPPRESSO LIBRE" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
noirluispher

Hey Sean, keep safe, ok?

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I'd love to see an explanation of how invading Iraq is defending anyone or anything in the U.S. other than the obscene profits and wealth of the corporate oil and weapons cartel. It's a diversion from the fight against terrorism, and it's costing us a fortune. It's also creating thousands of new enemies. Bush is creating many new enemies of the U.S. with every Iraqi he kills and every Iraqi home or family he destroys.

Reply to
Hank

Take the fight to the enemy, or wait for the enemy to come to you... I guess you'll stand by and wait for the enemy to come to you... I'll take the fight to the enemy. Call it a diversion if you like, I think I might too. In this case it's a diversion for the terrorist as they all refocus thier energy on fighting us in Iraq. Every day they are tied up over there is another day you are safe here. And I'm feeling really bad about the crushed Iraqi families, if they are combatants, insurgents or freedom fighters they died for their cause. I would talk to the sept 11 families and count up the combatants in that group. Most were civilians. I guess we'll continue to fight for your right to voice your opinion. Sean

rec.bicycles.marketplace

Reply to
IamGoode

Iraqi's weren't our enemies, and they weren't coming to us. Are you one of the silly fools who "thinks" Iraq was behind

9-11?

Not by supporting the anti-American, anti-freedom policies of the Bush regime. That criminal, treasonous regime has revoked more of our rights than any in our history.

Reply to
Hank