Re: Sign Of The Times: Camry Tops “Most American Vehicle” List

That's only one groups opinion, a better source than Cars.com for what vehicles have the most US parts and MATERIALS, the real indicator of AMERICAN not NORTH American content, is the US. D.O.C. site.

If ones searches there you will see GM and Ford have the greater content, by far, of AMERICAN PARTS AND MATERIALS in the TOTALITY of the vehicles they sell in the US, than any import brand.

Around 52% of all the vehicles sold in the US by Toyota are IMPORTED and Honda is not far behind

If BO and the Dims pass "Cap and Trade," we can expect to so more and more of both domestic as well as imports building their vehicles off shore, however. LOL

Sign Of The Times: Camry Tops ?Most American Vehicle? List >
> Cars.com tackles the tough question of domestic content in its latest > ?American Made Index,? and comes away with a surprising result: Toyota?s > Camry is the most ?American? car on the market. Of course, making these > distinctions in a global industry is fraught with difficulty. Though > percentage of domestic parts content is tracked by the NHTSA for American > Automobile Labeling Act compliance (PDF), those numbers count US and > Canadian parts as being ?domestic?. So Cars.com has created its own list > which requires US assembly, at least 75 percent US-sourced parts content, > and factors in sales numbers because ?they correlate to the number of U.S. > autoworkers employed to build any given model and to build the parts that > go into those same cars.? Taking out vehicles that are being canceled with > no clear replacement, the following vehicles make up their top ten ?most > American? automobiles. > > 1. Toyota Camry (Georgetown, KY; Lafayette, IN) > > 2. Ford F-150 (Dearborn, MI; Claycomo, MO) > > 3. Chevrolet Malibu (Kansas City, KS) > > 4. Honda Odyssey (Lincoln, AL) > > 5. Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Fort Wayne, IN) > > 6. Toyota Sienna (Princeton, IN) > > 7. Toyota Tundra (San Antonio, TX) > > 8. GMC Sierra 1500 (Fort Wayne, IN) > > 9. Ford Taurus (Chicago, IL) > > 10. Toyota Venza (Georgetown, KY) >
Reply to
Mike

Perhaps you need to ask the guy that sent the post, to which I replied and you chose to delete, that question ;)

Reply to
Mike

1) Several Ford products mentioned for domestic content

2) Mikey isn't too bright

Reply to
Jim Higgins

"adtually," it was not on my copy ;)

Reply to
Mike

Jim Higgins wrote in news:QpGdnd8XbMT8W8nXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.eaglecomputertechnology:

snipped-for-privacy@posted.eaglecomputertechnology.

besides that the taurus was said to have the highest % of parts total made in the US at 90% KB

Reply to
Kevin

no problem Mike.

i guess you see i got a new keyboard, huh??

these new ones stink. the letters are so small and dark you can barely see them. i guess the manufacturers think everyone took a collage course in typing.

Reply to
Tom