Sad day for America

Maybe the accelerator is stuck. We keep telling them to put it in neutral but they keep making excuses not to. Like Congressman Perriello said last week "If you don't tie our hands, we'll keep stealing" - and he's one that's in on the stealing! LOL!

Reply to
Bill Putney

Of course. It's hard work for them deciding what rights we have - for we all know that our rights come, not from God as was once believed, but from Congress.

Reply to
Bill Putney

It is not new prescriptions. It is new patients.

I don't know about other states.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Till the next election I guess...

Reply to
Steve Stone

Wrong again, they are still accepting new subscriptions from new "patients," but NOT if they are covered under Part "D."

Reply to
Mike Hunter

In message , dr_jeff writes

England is where you can roll up and see a doctor at no cost, mine has a turn up and wait policy in the mornings and an appointment policy for workers in the afternoons, no-one gets turned away, think yourself unlucky that you've got to pay to see your doctor. So much for the "Great American Dream" where you've got to pay for everything. You even tip in shops and restaurants, you don't here.

Reply to
Clive

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What magazine are they subscribing to?

Reply to
dr_jeff

Well certainly. You have a nice evening.

Reply to
Bill Putney

That's pretty funny. Most people when they talk about "free" health care say it with a knowing smirk, accompanied by finger quotes, mocking those so ignorant as to believe it doesn't cost anybody anything. It's not often that you hear that it's "free" expressed by someone who has enough intelligence to write in complete sentences like you are able to do. That is amazing. I am in awe.

One way or another, I have a feeling that restaurant wait people get paid some money somehow. Or are you saying that they work for reduced wages along with no tip? One way or another, the whole thing becomes a big shell game. Except with government doing it, you have their unequaled waste and inefficiencies to deal with along with 19,000 more IRS agents, etc., etc., etc., to "manage" it, plus doctors retiring early so they don't have to deal with even worse crap than they do now. Rationed care to the degree it will be rationed with what's coming won't be fun if it stands.

Reply to
Bill Putney

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No such thing.

Too bad you are not mature enough to have a mature conversation.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Funny how true that is. Hopefully after politicians and mostly democrats bankrupt the US, out of the ashes perhaps a new consitutional amendment limiting government taxation on individuals and businesses, as well as governments ability to borrow be limited. Ultimately forcing the government to live inside it's means.

Reply to
Canuck57

Hardly, name me one democriter consitutionalist?

I can't think of any, but Ron Paul comes to mind and I know he isn't a democriter.

Reply to
Canuck57

And for the first 10 or 12 years of Obama's life, he didn't know the constitution even existed, much less what it meant. Didn't even get bassball, cubs, scouts... just marxism, islam and whatever...

No wonder Obama is such a mess. Even bows to Saudi's like no other.

Reply to
Canuck57

His history speaks for itself, should anyone want to take an objective look.

There's more to that bow than meets the eye.

Reply to
Conscience

Back in the 60's-70's I was a liberal. ( I later *grew up*! ) But there was one time when I needed the ACLU's help on something and called them. They said they couldnt help me, that all they did were cases where they fought the government. Swell.

Now we have ACORN for that, or whatever they're naming it this month.

Reply to
Jane Galt

Right.

And most people cant even grasp the fact that only humans have rights, derrived from their very ownership of their lives. Governments dont HAVE ANY rights, only powers given to them by The People. There are NO "state's rights" for example, only state powers.

But statists ( state worshippers ) always mix all that up.

Reply to
Jane Galt

Isnt that essentially what I said?

Reply to
Jane Galt

Seems like he'll bow to anyone except the American people.

Reply to
Jane Galt