Sad day for America

I met one once, but he became an independent because he didn't like being associated with tea-baggers.

Reply to
SMS

Damn, Mike, you're beginning to sound like your son, Canuck57.

Reply to
Dave

Damn, Mike, you're beginning to sound like your son, Canuck57. ______________________________________________________________________

His son? Is that why he re-posts everything Canuck57 writes?

Reply to
Rodan

But what Global Government will that be?

Obungler's snubbing our friends and kissing Muslim ass all over the place.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Let's look at the other side of the coin: Where do you draw the line of the government involvement in and micromanagement of our personal lives? It sounds to me like once we violate any of the Constitution in that regard, your philosophy is that that barrier is now broken, there therefore now are no constraints, we throw the Constitution out.

The problem is that when government has the extra-Constitutional authority that it has taken on, it allows manipulation of information to achieve political goals (hidden agendas). The present day is full of examples in things such as "extinction of polar bears" and "global warming". Once a problem is identified and linked to a cause using false science, then anything that can in any way be associated with that cause is subject to restriction and taxation, never mind that the original premises that the controlled activity is linked is based on false/manipulated science invented purely to accomplish hidden goals.

Health care is a problem? OK - private property is no longer a valid concept - we'll confiscate what we need from those who have it (redistribution of wealth), Marxism rules, the Constitution drools.

The Constitution prohibits certain things precisely because those things are subject to manipulation by despots (see Declaration of Independence). Prohibiting things that otherwise may seem like the "right thing to do" are protecting against a much worse "evil" (can I say that word?).

Basically what I'm saying is that we are way down on that slippery slope and have no Constitution left by all the "logic" that is being applied in our political system.

Pick up and read a copy of Mark Levin's "Liberty and Tyranny".

Reply to
Bill Putney

Incorrect. My philosophy is that the proper place of government (that is the people) is to set up regulations so that people are protected from unfair and unsafe practices (e.g., lending laws and health laws).

You seem to make the assumption that there are hidden agendas and that global warming is not real. Fact is that the evidence overwhelmingly shows that our unintentional manipulation of the CO2 concentration can have drastic changes in the environment and that last changes have already occurrred.

That's human nature. Look how we let Bush run over us with anything linked to 9/11 and security.

However, as pointed out, it is not false science. It is false science to assume that we can dump CO2 into atmosphere and destroy our environment without consequences.

We already have a redistribution of wealth - from the poor to the rich. If you don't believe me, look at how the poor and middle class have barely got richer while the rich have become much richer over the last

20 or years. In addition, health care is a big reason why wages haven't gone up all that much. Companies pay so much for health care, they can't afford higher raises. Yet, no one has explained why health care should be paid for by employers.

Right, I am going to waste my time reading anything because you recommend it.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

In which branch of the military did you serve, dr_jeff?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Yeah - let's talk in 5 to 10 years if Obama's plans are implemented and see how that's working for everyone. Talk about unfair and unsafe - you ain't seen nothing yet.

As does anyone with a brain in their head. Where have you been the last year? (It was obvious way before that, but the sold out people cannot not even deny it any longer.)

That the whole thing has been a hoax by the people at the top with a lot of people at various levels of involvement having been suckered in.

Again - you apparently haven't been conscious of anything factual related to the subject for quite some time.

We can't do much about whatever happened then. We are in the here and now. I don't buy the logic that someone in the past broke rules, therefore the rules no longer apply, i.e., we violated the Constitution in the past, so therefore the Constitution is no longer the law of the land.

And only you and Al Gore still say that.

Let's see - CO2 - that thing that plants thrive on and in turn give off oxygen that we breath - that gas that has been falsely labeled as a pollutant by the people perpetrating fraud on us. The science doesn't suport what you're saying when the plotted data is put back the way it started before the Al Gore's of the world time shifted the two linked parameters. But of course you'll pretend to not know about that or deny that that ever happened.

And so therefore we should continue to abandon the Constitution - is what you're saying.

In addition, health care is a big reason why wages haven't

So you want to do away with the Constitution - yes - I understand that that is your position. You don't have to say it explicitly - it is obvious.

You have to be kidding. You think that by my suggesting something that it is therefore thought to be imperative that you do it? You can't be that stupid. But you're right - it wouldn't be a waste of time to read the thing that I recommended. But just so it is clear - you are under no compulsion to do so just because I recommend it. You seemed to be confused about that.

Reply to
Bill Putney

On 2010-03-31 17:54:35 -0700, Bill Putney said, in response to some dipshit:

On that same note, two Senators are demanding that NASA speak up:

But

in all fairness, scientist have been "vindicated" in their data manipulations and lies.

After a whole one day of testimony:

I'm

sure it was covered thoroughly.

Reply to
Conscience

dr_jeff wrote in news:QZ6dnS6ioeeYsi7WnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

there is NO global warming. It has been blasted to bits, all the supposed research was rigged. There is no evadence to show any global warmning at all. Quit drinking the dam coolade. Its all about the money no scientific proof at all. KB (ps there has been global cooling the last 20 years thought, how the heck does that fit into your plan eh)

Reply to
Kevin

Bull.

Only in the minds of deniers.

You mean like the ice that is melting at the poles, the warmer climates around the globe, melting ice on tops of mountains, and the earlier springs and later falls?

You're entitle to put your head in the sand if you want to. You're a blind as those who deny that evolution exists. In fact, evolution is the central idea of biology.

jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Pretty much sums it up.

There are no real atheists. Everyone worships something.

Reply to
Conscience

There are no real atheists. Everyone worships something. ______________________________________________________________

Yes - a whole Ortega chili slathered with mayonnaise, wrapped in a warm soft flour tortilla.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

There ya' go.

Reply to
Conscience

I'll say it again, perhaps you will get it the second time you read what I said. I never said that, my friend. I mealy pointed out the erroneous things you were posting about GM, big difference from backing BO.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

dr_jeff wrote in news:V9ydnTf25egPlinWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

how much coolade can you drink??????

That stuff is happening all the time, it changes around the globe normally. Most all that stuff you mention is countered by a heaver than normal event elsewhere, we just had the snowest and most days with snow on the ground ever here since they have been keeping records. (also the

3rd coldest) It doesn`t mean diddly.

your full of crap there too but I am not going to argue that point. KB

Reply to
Kevin

Lance?

Reply to
Angela Marsh

Correct. This doesn't mean diddly. Nor does the warmest period ever. What is important is the overall trend and all the evidence put together. And all the evidence, put together, leads me to conclude that climate change is real and bad for people.

Actually, I have the same thought about you.

Reply to
dr_jeff

Yes - a whole Ortega chili slathered with may Lance? __________________________________________________________________

Sorry, I'm not Lance. I'm a 73-year old retiree living on Whidbey Island, staring at Puget Sound as I look back on my adventures (exhilaration, boredom, terror, romance). It was preposterous but it wasn't so bad after all.

I hope you find Lance.

Good luck,

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan

Hah! I bet you 6 months ago, he would have mentioned the glaciers melting in the Himalayas. Funny that he didn't. I wonder why - maybe because that was another fraudulent claim by "the scientists" that was turned on its head.

Same with the fraudulent snow pack data on the Cascade mountains (they got caught cherry picking the data in the earlier years to catch the short term thicker readings followed by cherry picking the short term thinner readings in the later years to prove a "warming trend". Then they dismissed the guy who uncovered the "mistake" from his position as state of Washington Assistant State Climatologist. And of course we're supposed to accept that it was an honest mistake.

Then there's NASA's GOES infrared satellite data that was going to prove once and for all gobal warming, and lo and behold, when the data was analyzed, it proved all the models that were being used to be totally wrong and the conclusions of all the previous measurements all wrong.

Then there's when NASA copied the September 2008 temp. data into the October 2008 sheets and went public with a big alert for how quickly temperatures were starting to climb!! And of course that was supposedly an "honest mistake" - though I have trouble figuring out how you plug numbers for 30 days into a 31 day month without realizing that something didn't fit.

Then there's the temp. measuring station where the measurements went up drastically for a few months, and the global alert went out. But - oh wait - it was discovered that some air conditioning units had been relocated a couple of months earlier with their condenser air blowing in the direction of the measuring station.

Funny how the discovered errors *always* push the data towards the warming trend. How peculiar. What are the odds!

Reply to
Bill Putney