squealing belts

hi. have got a squealing fan belt. anybody know how to stop it. someone told me to put chalk on it but that dont work. thanks

Reply to
jim

Thomas Moats

Lubrication will not correct the problem. A squealing belt can be caused by several things. The most common are worn or loose belt, or a rotating part that is out of alignment. Look for a bearing going bad, if your car has high mileage. If you had a component changed, look for poor alignment of the part

mike hunt

jim wrote:

Reply to
MelvinGibson

great post!

Reply to
Petebert

Which model?

Reply to
Hermes Conrad

Great, solid to the point answer. Today I tip my hat to you.

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Yes and my assistance for analyzing his problem was provided at no charge! I get paid big bucks for my advice, normally ;)

mike hunt

"V.B. Merl>

Reply to
MajorDomo

Sure. My buddies were saying, what has happened to you, for once you did not write, " go see a Ford Dealer.." to a specific repair question. Others here in this NG also analyze problems at NO CHARGE. Great, keep it up.

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Once again, a solid answer.

Reply to