Starting 96 Mustang ??

Hi All,

I have a friend that has a 1996 Ford Mustang GT, with a 4.6 ltr 5 speed tranny. When he starts the car, all the electrical works normal, and the car turns over as normal; the problem he is having is the car sounds like it is not getting any gas at idle. However, if he runs the RPM's up to about

1000 it runs great and will stay running great at that RPM or higher. When he allows the RPM's to return to a normal idle the car starts to spit and sputter and will stall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. John San Diego (CA)

Reply to
John

the idle is getting too low and the car is stalling and dying...... he might have the IAC problems and needs a new one or a loose vacuum hose someplace......

Reply to
jim

IAC would be the best bet.

Reply to
John Wiebalk

This also happened to me and it was the dreaded IAC idle control it was stuck get it checked .

Reply to
68XLGT

Or just buy a can of intake cleaner and spray it in the IAC while the engine is idling. If that is the problem, then cleaning the IAC will solve it or at least improve the situation.

-D

Reply to
Derrick 'dman' Hudson