Taurus Fuel Pump Replacement

is the fuel pump. Is it hard to replace a fuel pump in a 1987 Ford Taurus? Does anybody have any advice in this area for me? thanks so much!! yes, you have to drop the gas tank.. then get to it from the top of the tank and remove it.... you sure its not the safety cut off switch located in the trunk(the one that cuts off the gas so if you get in a wreck the gas does not come out and lets you and the car burn up???? i would check the cut off switch first. should be in the trunk on the drivers side.. behind the carpet on the side of the trunk... you can take to two wires on it and put them together to bypass it to see if it starts up and the gas flows??????

Reply to
jim

Hi all, well we finally figured out the problem with my 1987 Ford Taurus. It is the fuel pump. Is it hard to replace a fuel pump in a 1987 Ford Taurus? Does anybody have any advice in this area for me? thanks so much!!

Reply to
needhelpinsoutherncal

Do the safety cut of switches go bad often? I think my husband might have already tried the bypassing of the wires, but I am not sure. The switch did seem to pop up when it wasnt supposed to. We are both totally puzzled over this whole Ford thing. All the switches and relays, etc. We do not have alot of money to try get it diagnosed, and are really in need of a running car. Could it be anything else, fuel pump related, I mean? Does anybody know anything about the black control box in fords?

Reply to
needhelpinsoutherncal