M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S !!!!

Have a good one!

WE WANT SNOW!!!

Mark

87 V8 RR
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Snow said hello a brief second and buggered off again.

Reply to
John Oakes

Yeah Happy Christmas everyone - I want lots of snow - NOW

Andrew

Kids woke me at 6:50 a.m. not bad at all (all 4 of them are now manic)

P.S. Father Christmas brought me a compressor. P.P.S Working till dinner time and then hopefully nothing until Wednesday (A funeral then though) - two services here I come.

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

Think I'll do the same, not enough meths in these mince pies anyway...

Reply to
wayne

John Oakes wrote in news:41ccc4d0$0$2648$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net:

At least an inch here and more forecast with gales threatened so you can come and take away all you want.

My further comments are not suitable for a family newsgroup, especially in this season of the year.

Derry (35 miles north of Inverness)

Reply to
Derry Argue

In Sydney Australia we're just finishing our Xmas. We've pigged out on barbecued turkey and mangoes as well as the usual pudding, cake, mince pies etc. Somehow Xmas here isn't the same as when I lived in London. For a start the Queen's speech is on in the evening and they don't even show Billy Smart's circus. Oh and it's a bit warmer!

Reply to
Viviane

Got a dusting here, send some down please Derry. Merry Xmas to all. Badger (30 miles East of Inverness)

Reply to
Badger

At last some snow and I saw a seaking rescue helicopter going towards Oldham.

Reply to
John Oakes

"Badger" wrote in news:cqjhlb$3hm$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com:

Sorry, mate, it stopped at an inch (but there's more on the hills!).

But the strangest thing.... there was the best part of a gale blowing this morning and I could not work out what had left the strange tracks on the road.

Then the penny dropped. The wind has formed snow balls, one a good six inches in diameter, leaving those strange trails. I never saw that before.

Other than that, I have a wild mallard and a hen pheasant in the pot and when this bottle of Californian Red runs out (it's more than half empty -- or less than half full, depending on your political leanings), I have another warming by the wood burner!!

Have a good Christmas, everyone!!

(I wonder if Mr Nice is stuck in a drift somewhere in Aberdeenshire? If he isn't, it's a damned shame after all his preparations!!)

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

I'm still in cornwall mate, I'm heading north on 25th January (only a month and I've not sorted my tyres yet...), hoping there will be snow in abundance by then (will probably have some here by then too). Have a good one folks ;o)

PS anyone who goes out to play in the snow, gets stuck and doesn't come back with photo's will be ousted :D

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Billy Smart? How long have you been in OZ? haven't seen that in 25 years!

By the way, we woke to 2 inches of snow with virtually no wind and we've had steady dustings all day & now it looks like it's going to freeze hard

Martin

8 miles NW of Belfast

Reply to
Martin Edwards

Hi all Here in Cape Town is pretty hot 30 'C plus and definitely no sign of any white stuff. I got my Series III finally sorted after two months of engine overhaul for my Christmas present. I am going to run the engine in on Monday on a 600km trip to Knysna. Hope there are no problems, had plenty already. Hell of a learning curve overhauling the 2,25, had to take out engine again to sort out rear crank seal. At least you learn from your mistakes. Cheers James

Reply to
jamsan

Oh yeah I had plenty of it, and came off the road :(

Reply to
Larry

So John Oakes was, like

BBC weather forecast on Xmas Eve PROMISED that West Wales would get a White Christmas. Couple of hail showers and a lot of rain. I want my money back!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

And an happy NEW YEAR !!!!! All the very best wishes for 2005 to everyone in this group. I want snow as well. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets