900 convertible buying advice

Hello everybody

I'm thinking to get a NG 900 convertible with a manual transmission. Never had a Saab before and never had a convertible before either.

Basically looking for a car that has under 130k km on it (I'm in Canada) and the year could be anywhere from 94 to 97.

I would appreciate any tips or advice as to what I should be careful about, what to avoid, what to check for when looking at ~10 years old

900 convertible ?

Are there any particular things that go down quicker on convertibles than on regular models, like windows, seals, etc ?

TIA Stefan

Reply to
stefan.popescu

Stefan, I have a 92 900s conv purchased new in 92. I love the car but I have to be honest it has cost me thousands of dollars through the years to keep it going. I now have 135k and it is running pretty good right now but I always keep my fingers crossed. The things I have had the most trouble with are Trasmission,brakes exhaust and air cond. If you do decide to buy a older 900s conv these are the things you should have checked especially the trans. I have ever had troulble with the top or any od its componets. So good luck in finding the right conv with many sunny days to enjoy. best regards papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK

Papa, thanks for replying.

I just bought it yesterday from a Saab dealership. It's a 900SE turbo with manual transmission and 102000 km on it.

I've seen three 900 in 2 days and although they are all from 1995 I was impressed to see the top's fabric being in very good shape. It looks more like 2 years than a 10 years old top. Maybe the owners kept them under a covered parking, who knows.

On the one I got the back rotors seem be a little worn out but otherwise everything seems to be fine.

Cheers Stefan

Reply to
stefan.popescu

Stefan, the top on my 92 is orig and in very good cond. If you keep the car garaged both the top and paint will last a long time. Again I wish you many sunny days of enjoyment. Best regards papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK