Best load lugger? C-Max or Focus Estate

I 'm looking to upgrade my Focus hatchback to something with a bit more load carrying capacity.

Which is the better on this score - C-Max or Focus Estate? Many thanks

Reply to
Jim

load carrying capacity.

The max is bigger.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Cargo height 890 (estate) and 921 (CMAX) Width between wheel arches 1159 (estate) and 1050 (CMAX) Length to back of rear seats 1042 (estate) and 855 (CMAX) Length to back of front seats 1669 (estate) and 1734 (CMAX)

So whether you have the rear seats folded makes a lot of difference in this comparison.

Reply to
John Barnes

carrying capacity.

Reply to
Thibaud Taudin Chabot

If you're looking for a "load lugger" why bother with a Ford Focus, you probably need something quite a bit more sturdy & powerful?

Reply to
o00o

I don't need anything huge, just would like a bit more load space than the Focus hatch has.

I haven't necessarily ruled out something bigger, but just wanted to compare the C-Max with the estate for load space.

Many thanks

carrying capacity.

probably need something quite a bit more sturdy &

Reply to
Jim

Thanks to all for your replies.

Looks like the Focus Estate shades it then as far as load space is concerned.

Reply to
Jim

I'm always fascinated with the differences in our "common" English language. On your side of the ocean, you have estates, whereas in USA we have wagons. The first few days I drove around in England, I had no idea what a car boot sale was, just thought with the rainier weather that y'all had special boots for using in the car, like driving gloves or driving jacket. (Car boots?)(We call them trunks over here) Then the first time I had to have the car inspected (MOT) I was confused (and still am) why the term "nearside" is the side furthest from the driver in a British car. Why are they called right hand drive cars if you drive on the left side of the road? Do all British cars still have "wings" and "bonnets"?

Excitement is when an American driving the first time in England approaches a roundabout, has to turn the wipers on, signal the turn, and shift using the left hand for the first time, all at the same time.

Reply to
JPH

Generally true, but are you familiar with the Buick Roadmaster Estate?

[...]

I did that... punched the door with my right hand reaching down for a quick shift!

Reply to
Tony Wesley