Black Paint Crackling

Has anybody had this happen to their focus? My dads car has had every panel on the car cracked. The black paint is cracking a exposing the white primer, it looks real bad. He had the dealer paint the roof and the hood but they seem to not care too much about doing it right cause they are cracking again.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn McClelland

What year is the car - is it still under warranty? What climate is the car in?

Reply to
Jan

Southern Ontario. Car is now 2.5 years old and still under warranty until Dec. Dealer will fix it, but when the warranty is done, then what if it occurs again.

Shawn

Jan wrote:

Reply to
Shawn McClelland

I'm afraid I'm not sure how the warranty laws work in Canada. I know that in most states in the US, if a problem is "fixed" under warranty, and the same defect occurs outside of warranty, then clearly the problem wasn't "fixed" the first time, and the resulting repair should still be covered.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard

Reply to
Shawn McClelland