Black Jade paint on 69 Mustang

Hi all,i have just had a Stage II paint job done on my 69 fastback (I'll be posting pics shortly!) . I had it done black,and the original colour was black jade.(although when i bought it ,it was in white primer with a red respray visible around the door jams,and over the top of the weatherstrip !!) Is there anything particularly special about black jade that distinguishes it from black? Or was it just a fancy name they came up with for black ? You know,like Wimbledon White,even though its just white(well it looks like plain white to me anyway.) I dont think i have seen a car with black jade,so i dont know if there is a difference. If anyone knows,please tell me because i am a bit curious

thanks

Andrew

Reply to
me

"me" wrote

Black Jade is actually dark green and not black at all. Raven Black would be a true black. You painted your car the wrong color if you wanted it original.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Thanks,I guess thats where the jade bit comes in then.But I wasnt bothered about making it original,its not going to be a show car,dont have money or time to do it !! Still,it looks pretty good.I bought the car with the intention of having it done black,regardless of the original colour.And the fact that it was sitting in dirty primer made the decision easier.!!

Andrew

"me" wrote

Black Jade is actually dark green and not black at all. Raven Black would be a true black. You painted your car the wrong color if you wanted it original.

-- Scott W. '66 Mustang HCS '68 Ranchero 500 '68 Fury III Fastback

Reply to
me

I like black better anyways. Only problem with black is it makes ALL the body and paint imperfections stick out.

Reply to
66 6F HCS

Yeah me too,but then,thats why its spent months at the body shop,so they can make sure there's no imperfections.Pain in the ass waiting for it but its worth it in the long run. !

Andrew

I like black better anyways. Only problem with black is it makes ALL the body and paint imperfections stick out.

-- Scott W. '66 Mustang HCS '68 Ranchero 500 '68 Fury III Fastback

Reply to
me

Wimbledon White is really off-white, nothing like the present Oxford White.

Black Jade is one of those colors that people have to think about a bit. In a two-stage paint, you could probably shoot the clear with some dark green toner in it over a black basecoat. Pure black is my favorite, though.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Yeah black looks pretty mean on a beefy car.Black happens to be my favourite colour anyway,not just for cars.Personally i cant understand why people would want to paint their Mustang yellow or some other sickly colour like that.Yuck !! OK,it stands out in a crowd,but it always reminds me of a huge banana !

ANdrew