Paint question

Hey Gang,

I would like to get my car repainted as it still has the original paint on the car. What is a fair price that I should be quoted...( I have never had a car painted before) It is an 84 GT.....white with the black hood stripe. I wanna keep the same paint scheme, so should this affect the price. My car is rust free and has only 1 minor ding.

My second question is: I live in Montreal Quebec, canada, does anyone know of a respectable place I can bring my car to.

Thanks for all the Help.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

The black stripe on the hood is in fact a large sticker... think of it as a huge piece of pinstriping. It'll have to come off. you could have a new one put on, or perhaps have a variant of it painted into the hood.

Beyond that little chunk of knowledge, I can't offer much assistance.

JS

GT.....white

Reply to
JS

You can pay (american) $300 and get a thin coat of crappy paint that will have no depth but it will be shiney, at least for a while. If you want anything close to the quality of factory paint it's going to run around $1500 +. If you want it to really be the same quality of application and same quality of paint figure anywhere from $2500 to $4000. For most used cars that you want to keep and want to look good for quite a few years, the $1500 job makes the most sense. That's for one color all over, doing the door jams, etc if you are changing colors. If you are keeping the same color and since you have white, you might be able to get a better deal if you skip the door jam, under hood, under trunk painting and just have them blend it in. And white paint is usually the least expensive as you can get decent depth and gloss even without going into the multi coats and clear coat you might need for colors and metallics. Body work will add to the price. Those little dings that aren't all that noticeable now with the dull paint will stick out like a sore thumb with nice shiney new paint on it.

-- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable, PIAA Driving lights.

Reply to
AZGuy