Varible speed wipers

Just bought a 2003 1.6 zetec my old 1.8 ghia had varible speed wipers. does nay one know how easy it is to change the stalk and does anyhing else need changing

Mark

Reply to
Mark Rose

You just need to change the stalk - doing so is a piece of cake:

...although since you live in the UK the dealer will probably rip you off on the price of the part :-)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Sturgeon

Mark,

Check first how many wires are going to the existing switch. Search here:-

Ther price and finis codes can also be found. IIRC it is also possible to use certain Mondeo switches, these are apparantly cheaper than the one for the Focus!

I seem to recall that if 10 wires are present, it's a straight swap, if only

9 then you need to add a wire. Unless experienced in such things you may not want to do that.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan