Flawless...

I guess maybe I'm lucky, or people maybe only post when theres a problem. My 2001 Focus SE has been flawless. Anyway I just put a new Ford mp3 player in it. Mine didn't come with one back in 2001 you know. A friend gave me one out of her 2003 (which has also been flawless?). The wiring didn't exactly match up and I'm wondering if I got everything right or not. I can turn my stereo on without the key in the ignition. Is this proper? Other than that unexpected oddity (i guess that is my question- how does yours work?) everyhting is perfect....

Reply to
spam_only_please

I have a 2005 ZX3 SE with the factory installed six disc CD/MP3 player in it and that is exactly the way mine works. I guess Ford thinks that someone may leave the CD player on (with the volume turned down) and run the battery down.

Another annoying thing that I don't like about the way Ford does their electrical systems is that you have to have your key in to put the (power) windows up or down.

Reply to
Bill R

Like the Focus any Ford I owned had a position on the ignition lock, which would just turn on the radio, nothing else. Can't remember how the original Focus Radio worked, was the first thing thrown out after a day, but I suspect the same way.

Mine (1999 2l wagon) can at least put all windows up, via remote control on the key. AFAIK newer ones can although put them down, a feature I'd like to have to get some heat out, if it stood half day in the sun, before entering.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

The CDplayer/radio turns on without the key in my 2001 ZX3.

Reply to
EOO

Never looked in the manual to see if can adjust the time, but if you press the volume button in my '01 ZX3 with the key out the stereo/cd will play for

1 hour before it shuts itself off, the display reads "1 HR" when you press the button.

John Cairns

Reply to
John Cairns

:>

:>

:>Never looked in the manual to see if can adjust the time, but if you press :>the volume button in my '01 ZX3 with the key out the stereo/cd will play for :>1 hour before it shuts itself off, the display reads "1 HR" when you press :>the button. :>

:>John Cairns :>

Yep my '01 SE Wagon, '02 ZX5 and '04 SVTF are all like that.

me/2

Reply to
me/2

My dad's Focus is also perfect. :)