Costco Tyre Prices Compared .

Allowing for the membership fee am I likely to be any better off going to Costco to get 2 tyres for my Mondeo...205/55 x15 rather than ,for example,

or
Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I've always found costco to be about the same price as micheldever tyres (about the cheapest in the country). As costco is closer, I tend to go there.

Reply to
TTT

Just as well you only want 2 ...you missed a deal - a couple of week ago Costco were offering 20% off if you bought 4 tyres. Got my Passat re-shoed (205x60x15s) for about £215, which is cheap for Michelins - Kwik-fit wanted £440 for the same thing! Average prices I found were around the £75-£80 a corner mark - Costco's std price is £66 so I think that generally they are pretty cheap for Michis anyway (which is all they do). 20% off that was a steal :-)

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

My father needed a couple of new tyres for his Rover 75 last month.

Costco was about £5 a tyre less than the above site and fitting was included.

Bracknell Tyre were £15 a tyre less than Costco.

Reply to
Grant

I paid £240 for 4x 195/65ZR15 Goodyear NCT5s a month or so back - supplied and fitted on my drive by e-tyres. I know I could probably have got them cheaper, but the convenience of someone coming to you to fit them was very attractive at the time.

Reply to
SteveH

Bracknell Tyre and Battery prices generally are hard to beat.

Bear in mind that a lot of the tyres they sell are not UK spec. They "grey import" a lot of their stuff from all over the world and sometimes the identical looking tyre will have a different compound to suit the locality where it was made. I'm not suggesting this is always a problem, but it is worth knowing. Also be prepared for a long wait, and a bit of car-shunting to get fitted in! They are *always* busy.

It is worth asking Ford's Rapid Fit for a price. My local one was prepared to match Bracknell Tyres price for Continental Eco-Contacts, although I subsequently bought NCT 5's.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

A price, yes, just don't let them touch your car. (Tarring them with the same brush as the FRF outfit who once put a rear brake cylinder in squint on my escort and nearly caused me to go straight-on into a drunk guy when he stepped out infront of me and the cylinder burst under braking!)

Chandy

Reply to
chandy

Naaa, That's cos it's a Ford (Fix or repair daily)

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

All tyres sold in the UK have to be E marked as European legislation compliant

if theyare not E marked you should let Trading Standards know. Tyres designed for other continents may be a big problem on UK roads.

Bracknell Tyres are indeed always busy, as are Micheldever Tyres near Winchester, and less so Headley Tyres at Newbury. All are very competitive on price. If you ask any tyre dealer in Hampshire to price match with Micheldever they always groan! Micheldever has a very good tracking department. They charge you to check the tracking, the adjustment is then free. I prefer this, because you get an honest appraisal rather than the predictable "It needs adjusting Sir, that'll be £22.99 please" that you get from Just Tyres, etc.

I live near Evesham and work around Hampshire. I always buy my tyres down there, and with the wife's car I take the wheels down one at a time, as Headley Tyres are generally pretty quick at changing a tyre on a loose wheel and getting you out of their way!

Reply to
Doctor D

Doctor D ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.f.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Bollocks

The e-marking process is there for a bloody good reason - to stop cheap shonky s**te that can't pass a fairly basic quality standard - but there's certainly nothing inherently "incompatible with UK/EU roads" about Japanese/US tyres that may not have gone through the testing/approvals process.

Reply to
Adrian

Did that include balancing, new valve etc please Steve and do etyres do = the whole country?

Thanks - Justin

Reply to
Justin Case

That was the all-in cost, they use independant tyre fitters throughout the UK to come and fit them, so there should be a local agent in your area.

I tried to book online, but their Credit Card authorisation was playing up, so I did it over the phone to them.

About an hour after I'd paid, the local agent called me to arrange a suitable day and AM / PM appointment.

All very easy, and you don't have to sit around in a Thick Fit waiting room for 1/2 hour.

Reply to
SteveH

You may be right, but it's still illegal to sell them in the UK. You also lose any reassurance that the tyres have actually been tested at all, and I suspect give yourself insurance grief by deviating from E marked tyres.

Reply to
Doctor D