Focus brake lights stuck on

I've recently bought a 51 plate 1.6 Focus Zetec and the brake lights are stuck on when driving. Any ideas how I can solve this?

Reply to
tomgibbon

The brake light switch sits above the brake pedal, and uses a sort of half-turn bayonet fixing. If the car was valeted before you got it, perhaps the switch has been dislodged from the bracket. This would put the lights on.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Reply to
tomgibbon via CarKB.com

Remove *one* stop/tail light bulb. Check to see if the fault is still present on the remaining bulb. If it's OK, chuck the bulb you removed and fit a new one.

If the fault persists after removing the first bulb, replace it and then remove the other one. Re-check for proper operation. If OK, chuck the removed bulb and fit a new one.

If the fault persists with either bulb missing then please post back.

HTH

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan