focus is cuttin out

i have a 2000 focus an it keeps cuttin out i have taken it to 2 different shops with two different computers and no luck with either one, also i have no codes stored in my computer. so far i have changed the battery, spark plugs,fuel filter, added water remover, higher octane gas. at first it seamed like bad gas but then i noticed it got worse with the ac or defrost running.

Reply to
skinnykenny379

Most likely a clogged fuel pump filter, an all too common Focus problem. Covered by an extended warranty, something like 10 years, 100,000 miles. Note: this is not the same as the fuel line filter that you had replaced.

-- Don

Reply to
Don McC

is that the one you have to get in the tank with the "careful you break it" cutter to clip off the tabs and install new design fuel delivery module and the gas looks wrong cause the inside of the tank is degrading due to additives depending on where you live?

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

that is Field Service Action 03N01 Extended Coverage Program. Post your vin and I'll run it on OASIS to see if your covered

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

Its nice to have you in the group, does this campaign cover focus' outside of warranty now?? Mine is having the same problem...

thanks

fordtech via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
ArcadeForever

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

for all those interested ford is refusing to cover the warranty that is own my pump , this is the second one it has needed in the past 11 months and they are saying that the warranty runs out at 100 000 miles 10 years isnt true.

Reply to
skinnykenny379

that's just because no one likes you. and what does "that is own my pump" mean?

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

need that vin number to run OASIS. this isn't a scam vin numbers are not secret there visible for the whole world to see

Reply to
monkeyboy via CarKB.com

Mine is

1FAFP38363W249206