Radio Lock?

Hi all.

I had something strange happen to me this morning on the way to work and I was wondering if someone could give me some insight.

I was driving into work this morning and went to push the eject CD button on my stereo but my hand slipped and touched some other buttons that I did not see. Anyway, after mashing the buttons my radio immediately died and I was not able to turn it back on. Is there some kind of radio locking mechanism that I accidentally enabled? If so, how do I disable it so that I can listen to my radio again?

North American 2002 Focus SE Wagon

TIA.

Reply to
Erin Peterson

In message , Erin Peterson writes

Hello Erin, a bit of a long shot here but on the European Focus radios, part of the radio fascia is removable as an anti-theft deterrent. There is a tiny little button which releases this part. It could be you have accidentally pressed this and that the removable panel is not securely fitted. The unit would not power up if this happened.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

My US spec audiophile system has an electronic security lock in the bar that says something like 'in dash 6 cd player' and a little button to the left that releases it. If it's still in place just push the bar back in and you should be good to go. This bar comes out and will secure the radio from theft, well, at least it won't work if someone does take it. Info should be available in your owners manual.

Reply to
riprock

Hi all.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I had indeed nudged the button that holds the anti-theft plate in place thus knocking it out and disabling my radio. I pushed it back into place and now it works like a charm.

Cheers, Erin

Reply to
Erin Peterson