Re: Carbonisation failure on MOT

My mother rarely covers more than 4000 miles a year and the MOT centre

> failed the car on the above. > > She doesn't wish to do more miles, so how can she avoid a failure again next > time. > > Are there additives she can use ??

An additive may help, but the best solution is for her to let you borrow the car once a month or so, and just before the MOT and take it for an italian tune up- hard acceloration in each gear for several miles, plenty of revs and watch the carbon blow out the back, when it has cleared- have the mot smoke test. Does the engine the world of good too. Obviously she should be having 6month oil changes and 12month service what with her small mileage.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..