351W crossover pipe for 81 E150?

My 81 E150 w/351W needs a new crossover pipe, which I'm told is no longer available. The pipe and the converter were separate. On the 82 & up to (?)
the converter is a part of the crossover pipe, sold as a unit.
Will this fit my 81? Has anyone had experience with this situation? Thanks in advance
Any decent muffler shop can build that for you.
Spdloader

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:36:47 -0500, "thomas graham"

Screw the OEM parts. Hit up your local reputable (i.e. not Midas or similar chains) muffler shop and have them bend/weld one up for you
But I don't want to pay a fortune to have someone do it.
I can get the 82 pipe with cat converter for under $200 and if I can adapt it, install it myself.
Is there that great of a difference in the 81 & 82 E150 body/chassis that the pipe can't be adapted?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:01:06 -0500, "thomas graham"

I doubt it'd cost $200... My local guy did a manifold back exhaust on my '02 SuperDuty with a new cat and a big ol' Flowmaster muffler for $600.. A simple Y pipe couldn't be a third of that cost..
But that is theY pipe plus the Cat and the part that goes into the muffler, all in one piece. Not OEM. but aftermarket at trade price.
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" <skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net> wrote in message wrote:

adapt
that
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:58:22 -0500, "thomas graham"

Again.. From the manifolds back, new cat, new Flowmaster muffler custom Y pipe $600. Hell, the muffler alone was over $200... Hey, it's your wallet. A drive to the local muffler shop won't cost but a few bucks in gas.